If you recall the 1994 film IN THE MOUTH OF MADNESS. The film, as you may recall, features a reclusive horror writer character named Sutter Crane. Sutter crane, to me, seemed to be a sort of cross between Stephen King and H.P. Lovecraft. In the film he was credited with writing 6 novels.
1. Hunter Out of Time
2. Hobb's End Horror
3. The Breathing Tunnel
4. The Thing in the Basement
5. Whisperer in the Dark,
6. The Feeding
The idea is, pick out the title you feel you could write the body of work to. It would be fun to see what kind of story you can invent based on the title and knowledge of the writing style of the King/Lovecraft myths. Since there are only 6 titles, we might have the same title by different members which is fine as long as they aren't the same or similar to each other.
Challenges are primarily for fun. Members are certainly welcome to comment and, in fact, here's where the "I loved it!" comment would be appropriate, but in-depth critiques are not necessary (But always welcomed).
- Please stick to the title you chose for the story.
- Lets try and keep this to 3,000 to 10,000 words. If more please state so.
- Your story can be any way you see fit.
- Submissions should be made as new threads with Challenge #1 in the title. Example: Challenge #1 - House Of Sutter (please feel free to use your own title).
- Comments should be made in the respective threads. You don't need to participate in the challenge in order to comment on work presented.
Here is a trailer of In The Mouth Of Madness for those who need a refresher or never saw it:
This Challenge Was Created By - Yrani Gami.
Any questions, comments, concerns Send me a PM or Email. Or send Yrani Gami and PM and i'm sure we'll be happy to help in any way we can